Monday, August 17, 2009

Comment by Malik Siraj Akbar


My recent article, A Home Grown Conflict, was published in the Times of India on August 11, 2009. In this write-up I have argued that the Balochistan conflict is a purely indigenous one rather than being ignited by India.

While the article was widely appreciated by Balochs and the supporters of the Baloch cause across Pakistan and abroad, a section of ultra-nationalist Punjabi chauvinists in Pakistan has initiated a massive abusive and threatening campaign against me.

This group of people, which regrettably, but understandably, includes several journalists as well. They insist I have committed “sedition” and proved to be an “India agent” by speaking ‘against Pakistan’ in an Indian newspaper. They are demanding that Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) should condemn the article and constitute a legal action committee against me.

Some others are endeavoring to reach my editor to get me fired me from my job

In addition, the article has brought me a lot of abusive and threatening phone calls and e-mails.

The Baluch.com: Malik Siraj Akbar is a journalist, researcher, consultant and human rights activist based in Quetta, Pakistan

1 comment:

  1. Truth is very hard to swallow, how this kind of criminal state and criminal people of state can swallow the truth regarding slave nation.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

What is the best way to kickout Settlers from Baluchistan?

Blog Archive